From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 3 broken?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 04:43:39
1 On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Markos Chandras wrote:
3 >> On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:39:33 Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> I've got OpenOffice (compiled), v3.0.0 here. It appears broken.
8 >>>> I haven't tried a lot of things, but this little RTF file gets it wedged
9 >>>> right away: the console that started it says:
10 >>>>
11 >>>> error - missing word count in dictionary file
12 >>>> Hash Manager Error : 4
13 >>>>
14 >>>> So I'm guessing there's a problem in a spell checker. Where would I
15 >>>> look to solve that?
16 >>>>
17 >>> This may help:
18 >>>
19 >>> Spell checking is provided through our own myspell-ebuilds,
20 >>> if you want to use it, please install the correct myspell package
21 >>> according to your language needs.
22 >>>
23 >>> Check to make sure myspell is installed correctly, perhaps re-emerge it.
24 >>>
25 >>> Dale
26 >>>
27 >>> :-) :-)
28 >>>
29 >> As far as I remember , openoffice-3 doesnt uses myspell packages. It has its
30 >> own spelling dictionaries. But i am not 100% sure about that ...
35 > Well, I quoted that from the message after OOo was done compiling. I
36 > would assume that whoever put that message there knows what OOo uses. I
37 > have no clue myself. Mine just works, so far at least.
41 I wish I could be so lucky. After reading some of the comments here,
42 I re-synced,
43 unmerged Ooo, and emerged openoffice and hunspell. I already had the myspell-en
44 build.
45
46 The result: a clean compile, as near as I can tell, but useless. Now it quits
47 silently a second or so into any startup, with or without a filename on the
48 command line. No message on the terminal where
49 I start it, and no clue I can see about what's wrong.
50
51 I'm back to MSOffice. I hate it but it works.
54 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD