From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 3 broken?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:56:04
1 081103 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > After reading some of the comments here, I re-synced,
3 > unmerged Ooo, and emerged openoffice and hunspell.
4 > I already had the myspell-en build.
5 > The result: a clean compile, but useless.
6 > Now it quits silently a second or so into any startup,
7 > with or without a filename on the command line.
8 > No message on the terminal where I start it
9 > and no clue I can see about what's wrong.
10
11 I've been using OO 3.0.0 & Hunspell 1.2.6 happily for several weeks.
12 I don't use spell-checking, but AFAIK it is enabled.
13 I don't have Myspell installed: could that be your problem ?
14 Have you checked for Gentoo bugs & the Gentoo forum ?
15
16 > I'm back to MSOffice. I hate it but it works.
17
18 That does seem a bit extreme ... (smile)
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca