From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Verification of audio CD copy?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:17:41
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I will see about buying a CD player cleaning disk. I suppose they
4 > still make those.
5 >
6 > I've used 3 different spindle of CDs before I started the thread. I'm
7 > happy to try 'better' media if I can determine what that means without
8 > guessing.
9 >
10 > Here's an example. The first printout is the original CD-R I copied.
11 > It plays fine in the car. The second and 3rd printouts are copies of
12 > that CD-R. Neither plays in the car. However other CD-Rs copied the
13 > same way do play.
14 >
15 > <ORIGINAL CD-R>
16 >
17 > mark@lightning ~/Desktop $ cdrecord dev=1000,0,0 -minfo
18 > Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a57 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
19 > Copyright (C) 1995-2009 JÃ?rg Schilling
20
21 Please add -v to see the blank media manufacturer.....
22
23 Also note that LiteON makes bad firmware and you need to write
24 in -raw96r mode to make sure that the sub channel data is OK.
25
26 Jörg
29 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
30 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)