From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: tif libraries being ignored
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:22:04
1 In <496B3D63.3040700@×××××.com>,
2 Ted Miller <limaohio123-CompMailLists@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > As a new user, what I need to know is: How do I find out that there
5 > is such a thing as a 'tiff' flag? I could just as easily have
6 > checked for a 'tif' flag, and not known that it was 'tiff'. Nothing
7 > told me that installing the library didn't do anything until I set
8 > the related flag.
9
10 There are use flag editors which will display entire list of flags
11 (along with their descriptions) and let you select or deselect the ones
12 you want. I use ufed, but there are some others in portage. One
13 approach is to go through the list once (there are a lot of them) and at
14 least select the ones you're sure you want. Then if ever some feature
15 you wanted doesn't seem to be in place for a package, check its use
16 flags.
19 »Q«
20 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.