From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Via vb70001 mini-itx vrs Gentoo
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:16:17
1 Drew wrote:
2 > I'd agree with you for motherboards but not the mini-ITX all-in-one
3 > boards. I bought a used SP13000G (CN400 based) before Christmas to use
4 > as a (nearly) silent front end for MythTV and it's been rock solid.
7 It's the newer chipsets that are the real problem - especially in regard
8 to the graphics support. VIA have shown no real interest in this respect
9 to Linux users. Somewhat surprising considering their drive to market
10 their products in countries like Brazil. The Openchrome project is doing
11 sterling work but progress is frustratingly slow. Fully working and
12 stable video drivers for Linux are still a very long way away. :(
13
14 In general, I would have to say, if you run Linux, stay away from VIA.
15
16 Be lucky,
17
18 Neil
24 This message has been scanned for viruses and
25 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
26 believed to be clean.
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list