From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Via vb70001 mini-itx vrs Gentoo
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:24:22
1 > It's got nothing to do with RAM timings and everything to do with the
2 > fact that VIA couldn't care less about Linux users. One thing I have
3 > learned in th last few months is don't touch VIA with a bargepole. My
4 > VIA-based laptop went in the bin and I am now enjoying the luxury of an
5 > Intel-based laptop with nVidia graphics. :)
6
7 I'd agree with you for motherboards but not the mini-ITX all-in-one
8 boards. I bought a used SP13000G (CN400 based) before Christmas to use
9 as a (nearly) silent front end for MythTV and it's been rock solid.
12 -Andrew
13 --
14 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list