From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:54:17
1 Am 02.10.2009 08:25, schrieb Arthur D.:
2 >> I really don't see your problem.
3 >> All that was needed here on my box was setting VIM as my editor of
4 >> choice (I preferer to do that per-user so no setting of anything in rc
5 >> or /etc/env.d) and VISUDO accepted it. No magic involved.
6 >
7 > Sebastian, I already fixed the problem for my local host. But I know
8 > other users have same problem. That's strange for me that you first
9 > login as root to use visudo program. What is the matter of having sudo
10 > then?
11
12 Maybe you should READ what people write BEFORE you answer.
13 I have written that I started it from root because I never before used
14 sudo on my system so that my non-root-user can't use sudo visudo.
15
16 > Once again, try running "sudo visudo" as unprivileged user (that's right,
17 > sudo is used to make root stuff without logging with root ;-) )
18
19 Ok, I comment out
20 %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
21 so that my user could use "sudo visudo".
22 Hey.. Great.. It started visudo with VIM.
23
24 So again.. What are you complaining about??
25
26 Greetings
27
28 Sebastian