From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] binutils broken revdep-rebuild
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:45:53
1 On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 01:59:14AM -0800, Steven wrote:
2 > I tried all, and nothing seemed to solve the problem.
3 > I'm at a loss as to what this could be.
4 > When it says "requires -liberty" is liberty part of a package? I am not
5 > sure what it means by -liberty and were to acquire it.
6
7 The library's name is iberty. The -l part is saying that it is a
8 library.
9
10 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libiberty/
11
12 I don't have access to my gentoo computer at the moment, so I can't
13 tell you where that comes from. But it is probably from either glibc,
14 gcc, or libstdc++. I expect the previous poster who told you to
15 remerge glibc knew the answer :)
16
17 But if I am reading revdep-rebuild output correctly, it means that
18 your binutils is compiled to be linked against that library. But the
19 library cannot be found by revdep-rebuild. Hence the error.
20
21 W
22 --
23 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
24 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
25 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton