From: Mariusz Ceier <mceier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] binutils broken revdep-rebuild
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 13:23:42
1 W dniu 04.02.2010 12:45, Willie Wong pisze:
2 > On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 01:59:14AM -0800, Steven wrote:
3 >> I tried all, and nothing seemed to solve the problem.
4 >> I'm at a loss as to what this could be.
5 >> When it says "requires -liberty" is liberty part of a package? I am not
6 >> sure what it means by -liberty and were to acquire it.
7 >
8 > The library's name is iberty. The -l part is saying that it is a
9 > library.
10 >
11 > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libiberty/
12 >
13 > I don't have access to my gentoo computer at the moment, so I can't
14 > tell you where that comes from. But it is probably from either glibc,
15 > gcc, or libstdc++. I expect the previous poster who told you to
16 > remerge glibc knew the answer :)
17 >
18 > But if I am reading revdep-rebuild output correctly, it means that
19 > your binutils is compiled to be linked against that library. But the
20 > library cannot be found by revdep-rebuild. Hence the error.
21 >
22 > W
23 libiberty.a comes from binutils.
24 Looking at Stefan revdep-rebuild environment output it seems that
25 revdep-rebuild doesn't handle 'include wildcard' statements in
26 ld.so.conf. This bug is already reported #298651.
27
28 Mariusz Ceier