From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: binutils broken revdep-rebuild
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 00:04:27
1 Mariusz Ceier <mceier@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> But if I am reading revdep-rebuild output correctly, it means that
4 >> your binutils is compiled to be linked against that library. But the
5 >> library cannot be found by revdep-rebuild. Hence the error.
6 >>
7 >> W
8 > libiberty.a comes from binutils.
9 > Looking at Stefan revdep-rebuild environment output it seems that
10 > revdep-rebuild doesn't handle 'include wildcard' statements in
11 > ld.so.conf. This bug is already reported #298651.
12 >
13 > Mariusz Ceier
14
15 Much of the conversation on bugzilla went over my head
16 Is there a known workaround a non-developer or non-tech-genius might employ?