From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing profiles
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 02:06:34
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > no, you have to do -e system first because system does not belong to world
5 > anymore (for a couple of month it does not belong to world anymore. 6 or
6 > something like that).
12 I was sort of in the discussion on -dev about this one. From my
13 understanding, world and system works like it used to. @system and
14 @world works the new way. However, when I type in emerge -ep world and
15 then do emerge -pv @world, I get the same thing which includes the
16 packages in system as well. This is a new install and I am using
17 portage-2.2_rc18. I don't think I have edited anything that would
18 affect this.
19
20 I can attach the files if needed but only on request, maybe off list as
21 well. I don't want to attach a good sized file and I have nowhere to
22 host it either.
23
24 Thoughts? Maybe test on your rig to see if you get the same?
25
26 Dale
27