From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seems SOLVED: Intel High Definition Audio and its problems and experiences
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:18:35
1 Hi All,
2
3 First, thank you all for your help!
4
5 Now, I am able to use microphone with skype and arecord also recorded my
6 beautiful voice :)
7
8 The question is, how, right? :)
9
10 I modified my /etc/modules.d/alsa based on Elias Probst's and Mauro
11 Faccenda's settings. Thank you guys!
12
13 alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
14 alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
15 alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
16 alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
17 alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
18 alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
19 alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
20 options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout position_fix=1 index=0
21
22 This settings seems separate modem and the sound card and the last
23 option determine the correct type and fixes something :)
24
25 I found that, my laptop has two jacks:
26 one is line-in/microphone, the other one is headphone/spdif output.
27 My laptop manual says, it has a spdif output: 7.1.
28 (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505)
29
30 >From alsa-project, there is a nice document:
31 http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel
32
33 In the local kernel directory everybody must have this document:
34 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt
35
36 It has a part about snd-hda-intel and its options.
37
38 And finaly this one also could give some information:
39 localhost ~ # modinfo snd-hda-intel
40 filename: /lib/modules/2.6.20-gentoo-r5pongi/alsa-driver/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko
42 license: GPL
43 ..............
44 parm: index:Index value for Intel HD audio interface. (int)
45 parm: id:ID string for Intel HD audio interface. (charp)
46 parm: model:Use the given board model. (charp)
47 parm: position_fix:Fix DMA pointer (0 = auto, 1 = none, 2 =
48 POSBUF, 3 = FIFO size). (int)
49 parm: probe_mask:Bitmask to probe codecs (default = -1). (int)
50 parm: single_cmd:Use single command to communicate with codecs
51 (for debugging only). (bool)
52 parm: enable_msi:Enable Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) (int)
53 parm: enable:bool
56 Now I have only Front, IEC958 (???), Caller ID, Off-hook switches in the
57 Alsa device. Only Front turned on.
58 Input source is Mic, Capture enabled and setup around 20%, on playback
59 the Microphone muted.
62 I did not use the modem itself, but I plan to try it out in the future.
63 I think, I will start a new thread about Si3054 kind of modem and how to
64 use it :)
65 I installed slmodem package, seems working (I mean, slamr module loaded
66 without problem) :
69 Thank you again :)
70 Regards and have a nice weekend!
71
72 IStván
77 IT szolgáltatások, alkalmazásszolgáltatás
78 http://www.osbusiness.hu
81 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list