From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: basic trouble with sendmail config
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 02:23:50
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Am 04.12.2016 um 20:09 schrieb Harry Putnam:
4 >
5 > is there a good reason you chose sendmail over postfix? Do you hate
6 > yourself? You are a masochist?
7 >
8 > I found sendmail the worst piece of software I ever had to deal with.
9 > Windows XP user&rights management in a mixed environment with shares is
10 > delightful, writing bind config files or XFree86 configs by hand was
11 > nice, easy and a joy compared to sendmail.
12
13 All the above. If you are really into pain... where pulled
14 fingernails are the lowest starter level ... sendmail is something
15 I'd only dreamed about .... till now.
16
17 OK, is there really nobody here that uses sendmail?
18
19 I'm pretty sure the kind of immediate and complete failure I'm seeing
20 is something horribly missconfigured and might not be that much to
21 fix. If I could understand what is causing the fuss.