From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: basic trouble with sendmail config
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 02:28:15
1 On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 21:23:34 -0500,
2 Harry Putnam wrote:
3 >
4 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 > > Am 04.12.2016 um 20:09 schrieb Harry Putnam:
7 > >
8 > > is there a good reason you chose sendmail over postfix? Do you hate
9 > > yourself? You are a masochist?
10 > >
11 > > I found sendmail the worst piece of software I ever had to deal with.
12 > > Windows XP user&rights management in a mixed environment with shares is
13 > > delightful, writing bind config files or XFree86 configs by hand was
14 > > nice, easy and a joy compared to sendmail.
15 >
16 > All the above. If you are really into pain... where pulled
17 > fingernails are the lowest starter level ... sendmail is something
18 > I'd only dreamed about .... till now.
19 >
20 > OK, is there really nobody here that uses sendmail?
21 >
22 > I'm pretty sure the kind of immediate and complete failure I'm seeing
23 > is something horribly missconfigured and might not be that much to
24 > fix. If I could understand what is causing the fuss.
25
26 I use it all the time with no problems. Did you do the -X or increase
27 the loglevel?
30 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
31 How do
32 you spend it?
33
34 John Covici