From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia update problems
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:45:39
1 On Tuesday 04 January 2011 21:51:37 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Do you have
4 >
5 > rc_parallel="YES"
6 >
7 > in /etc/rc.conf?
8
9 Nope. These are the only values set in that file; everything else is
10 comment:
11 rc_interactive="YES"
12 rc_shell=/sbin/sulogin
13 rc_hotplug="!*"
14 rc_logger="YES"
15 rc_start_wait=100
16 unicode="YES"
17 rc_tty_number=12
18
19 > Try setting it to NO. If stuff then works right, we know your start
20 > order is incorrect and I would be suspecting you declined an update
21 > in /etc/init.d/ that you should have accepted.
22
23 I don't think I've ever challenged any update in /etc/init.d/. As I
24 haven't changed anything in that directory I've no reason not to accept
25 any new version.
26
27 > Dunno how you would fix that easily apart from re-emerging everything
28 > related that creates an init script.
29
30 Hmm. I'm wondering about that rc_hotplug line. I'll try removing it. I
31 put it there because I'm a control freak when it comes to computers, and
32 I prefer an orderly startup sequence that I can follow.
35 Rgds
36 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.