From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [SOLVED] Postgresql upgrade
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 15:25:40
1 On Saturday 29 Jul 2017 17:11:06 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Backup the postgres configs and database files, emerge -C all postgres
4 > versions, make sure there are no files left with postgres in the name,
5 > and emerge the version back that you want. Restore your backed up
6 > configs just in case the ebuild wreaked them. Start postgres, the db
7 > should be unaffected as all you did was replace binary code files.
8
9 Thank you Alan for your help. I reinstalled the previous version 9.5.7, ran
10 eselect to (re)set postgresql to 9.6. Then uninstalled 9.5.7 and ended up
11 with a boxfull of broken symlinks again. o_O
12
13 At this stage I could have done what you suggested, but instead I ran:
14
15 find /usr/include -type l | while read f; do if [ ! -e "$f" ]; then ls -l
16 "$f"; fi; done
17
18 which came up with a list of broken symlinks and repeated for /usr/bin and
19 /var/lib64. Removed/restored all broken symlinks to point to the new version
20 and restarted the database.
21
22 Everything seems to be working as it should now. I don't know what to blame
23 now. My upgrade process which seems to have gone sideways this time, or the
24 eselect tool which may need to get cleverer with this package.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick