From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I enable package specific FEATURES and CFLAGS?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:02:20
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen schrieb:
2 > On Saturday 14 April 2007 15:34:59 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 >> > # mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/mail-client
4 >>> # CAT << END > /etc/portage/env/mail-client/evolution
5 >>> CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O1 -ggdb -pipe"
6 >>> FEATURES="$FEATURES splitdebug"
7 >>> END
8 >>>
9 >>> Likewise for gnome-extra/evolution-data-server.
10 >> I think here is some clarification needed, at least for me!
11 >> Is this functionality now implemented in portage or do need the
12 >> third-party-tools like [...]
13 >
14 > Sort of no to both actually..
15 >
16 >> And if it is implemented in portage do i need a /etc/portage/bashrc file
17 >> or just the env folder with my paket specific settings in the
18 >> category/app structure?
19 >
20 > It works because of [1] which means that as long as you are using a profile
21 > that inherit from the base profile (all supported profiles do) you don't need
22 > to add anything to /etc/portage/bashrc.
23 >
24 > Functionality wise it is in no way different from putting a case construct like:
25 >
26 > case "${CATEGORY}/${PN}" in
27 > mail-client/evolution | gnome-extra/evolution-data-server )
28 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O1 -ggdb -pipe"
29 > FEATURES="$FEATURES splitdebug"
30 > ;;
31 > esac
32 >
33 > in /etc/portage/bashrc.
34 >
35 > This also means that not all FEATURES set there are going to be respected.
36 > Only the ones that are read in bash code by portage. That does, however,
37 > include splitdebug.
38 >
39 > [1] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/profiles/base/profile.bashrc?rev=1.1&view=markup
42 Okay thanks, i think i got that now.
43
44 Is there a list of environment variables which are read in bash code and
45 therefore could be changed this way?
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list