From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I enable package specific FEATURES and CFLAGS?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:43:13
1 On Saturday 14 April 2007 15:34:59 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > > # mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/mail-client
3 > >
4 > > # CAT << END > /etc/portage/env/mail-client/evolution
5 > > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O1 -ggdb -pipe"
6 > > FEATURES="$FEATURES splitdebug"
7 > > END
8 > >
9 > > Likewise for gnome-extra/evolution-data-server.
10 >
11 > I think here is some clarification needed, at least for me!
12 > Is this functionality now implemented in portage or do need the
13 > third-party-tools like [...]
14
15 Sort of no to both actually..
16
17 > And if it is implemented in portage do i need a /etc/portage/bashrc file
18 > or just the env folder with my paket specific settings in the
19 > category/app structure?
20
21 It works because of [1] which means that as long as you are using a profile
22 that inherit from the base profile (all supported profiles do) you don't need
23 to add anything to /etc/portage/bashrc.
24
25 Functionality wise it is in no way different from putting a case construct like:
26
27 case "${CATEGORY}/${PN}" in
28 mail-client/evolution | gnome-extra/evolution-data-server )
29 CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O1 -ggdb -pipe"
30 FEATURES="$FEATURES splitdebug"
31 ;;
32 esac
33
34 in /etc/portage/bashrc.
35
36 This also means that not all FEATURES set there are going to be respected.
37 Only the ones that are read in bash code by portage. That does, however,
38 include splitdebug.
39
40 [1] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/profiles/base/profile.bashrc?rev=1.1&view=markup
43 Bo Andresen