From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:13:06
1 On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:38, "Chuanwen Wu" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server':
3 > I want to install gentoo in my Hewlett-Packard server.It's my first
4 > time to install linux in a server.I want to know that which *.iso I
5 > should download and burn into the CD?
6
7 HP has sold (at least) 2 different architectures in their server lines.
8 What CPU does the system have, or if you don't know, what's the model
9 number?
12 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
13 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
14 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
15 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh