From: Doug Hunley <doug@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: amarok can't use mysql collection
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:41:28
1 On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 17:19, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 November 2009 21:26:02 Doug Hunley wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:24, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 >> > Does anyone here successfully use amarok-2.2.0 with mysql-5.0.84-r1?
6 >>
7 >> I haven't had any issues w/ amarok 2.2.0 and mysql 5.0.84-r1 (once I
8 >> figured out how to get amarok to _not_ use the embedded mysql)
9 >
10 > That's a common complaint about amarok lately. The devs reckon they must use
11 > multi-user mysql because it's almost impossible to get sqlite to do it
12 > properly and totally impossible to get it to do it remotely.
13 >
14 > This puzzles me. How many users out their use their music player in multi-user
15 > mode with a collection db on a remote machine? Apart from LTSP installs, I'll
16 > bet it's none. And LTSP is better off using mpd, so why didn't the amarok devs
17 > simply include mpd support?
18 >
19 > To answer your question, does Settings -> Collection -> enable check box &
20 > fill in bottom half of dialog do what you want?
21
22 I had done that actually, and it completely *ignored* it until I
23 killed all amarok processes and removed the mysqle directory (I think
24 that was the name). Thankfully, I found this solution on some random
25 blog somewhere that google pointed me to
29 Douglas J Hunley, RHCT
30 doug.hunley@×××××.com : http://douglasjhunley.com : Twitter: @hunleyd
31
32 Obsessively opposed to the typical.