From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: QT 4
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:52:57
1 On 17 March 2006 18:48, James wrote:
2
3 > Hello Uwe,
4 >
5 > So when will we see KDE-4?
6
7 My personal opinion? At the earliest end of this year - but honestly, I doubt
8 it. More probably, there will be a a "developer alpha" or some such by the
9 end of 2006. One with a stabilised API but not necessarily feature complete
10 or ready for production. KDE did the same thing with version 2 to give
11 application developers a chance to port their apps to the new framework.
12
13 I expect KDE4 somewhen first half of 2007. That's personal opinion. There
14 isn't any real roadmap yet.
17 > A group is coallescing together to develop a SCADA package and associated
18 > tools, much like National Instrument's Lookout, which is part of Labview.
19 > Would you be willing to provide some QT4 architectural issues advise,
20 > as we formalize a formal plan?
21
22 IMO, Qt's help with their classes overview and their tutorials is first-class
23 documentation. If you have specific questions we can take it from there. But
24 I must admit I haven't done much with Qt4 personally yet.
27 > Graphical creation of industrial devices,
28 > such as valves, pumps, tanks, guages and many types of machines and
29 > instruments, with animation and inserts of actual equipment pictures, all
30 > in a SCADA package is of keen interest to this development effort.
31 >
32 > If any other Gentoo-users have a keen interest in remote controls and SCADA
33 > tools sililar to National Intruments Labview, drop me a line with a brief
34 > message about your interests. SNMPv3 and many industrial protocols, such as
35 > modbusTCP will be supported.
36
37 Sounds interesting.
38
39 Uwe
42 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list