From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: QT 4
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:54:01
1 Uwe Thiem <uwix <at> iway.na> writes:
4 > > Just out of interest how far along is qt4? Last time I looked the next
5 > > major release of kde *might* be using it, if it becomes stable in time. Is
6 > > this still the case?
7
8 > The current version is Qt-4.1.1 AFAIK and it's pretty stable.
9
10 > KDE4 will be based on Qt4, no "if".
11
12 Hello Uwe,
13
14 So when will we see KDE-4?
15
16 A group is coallescing together to develop a SCADA package and associated
17 tools, much like National Instrument's Lookout, which is part of Labview.
18 Would you be willing to provide some QT4 architectural issues advise,
19 as we formalize a formal plan? Graphical creation of industrial devices,
20 such as valves, pumps, tanks, guages and many types of machines and instruments,
21 with animation and inserts of actual equipment pictures, all in a SCADA
22 package is of keen interest to this development effort.
23
24 If any other Gentoo-users have a keen interest in remote controls and SCADA
25 tools sililar to National Intruments Labview, drop me a line with a brief
26 message about your interests. SNMPv3 and many industrial protocols, such as
27 modbusTCP will be supported.
30 James
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list