From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The saga of the missing Logitech drivers
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 21:33:27
1 On 2020.02.01 14:09, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 1/2/20 1:42 am, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>     I posted something a few days ago about middle click of a mouse
5 >> not working. In investigating this, I think I have come across
6 >> something a bit dodgy.
7 I have no logitech devices, and no problem with middle click doing
8 paste in most circumstances, but open link in new tab in browsers with
9 5.5.0.
10
11 > So first off, thanks for the comments/thoughts/pointers.
12 > Unfortunately I basically had tried all of them, diff'd this, checked
13 > that and it appears the only thing is to start from scratch, which is
14 > a really painful thought.
15 Do you really need to start from scratch, or just go through every page
16 and item starting with your current .config?
17 > Why is "menuconfig" so badly organised? A bit of alphabetical
18 > ordering wouldn't go astray, a la a dir structure as displayed in
19 > Dolphin/Win Explorer....
20 > Anyway, 5.5.1 is out and I've tried that as well, hoping for a
21 > fix, but to no avail. Logitech still disappears. Does anyone know
22 > where I could look for bugs on menuconfig or a non intimidating place
23 > to ask about this - I don't want Linus "shouting" at me on the LKML.
24 No direct advice here, but when I run xconfig and search on Logitech, I
25 get four entries. In case the "Depends on" might point you to what
26 higher level item you need to turn on, here are the help screens from
27 each. The Location entry should hopefully give a hint where to look
28 for them. In my case, since the first is set to no, the other three
29 only show up under search, but not in the main window.
30 -------------------
31 Logitech devices (HID_LOGITECH)
32
33 CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH:
34
35 Support for Logitech devices that are not fully compliant with HID
36 standard.
37
38 Symbol: HID_LOGITECH [=n]
39 Type : tristate
40 Prompt: Logitech devices
41 Location:
42 -> Device Drivers
43 -> HID support
44 -> HID bus support (HID [=y])
45 -> Special HID drivers
46 Defined at drivers/hid/Kconfig:525
47 Depends on: INPUT [=y] && HID [=y] && LEDS_CLASS [=y]
48 -------------------
49 Logitech Unifying receivers full support (HID_LOGITECH_DJ)
50
51 CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ:
52
53 Say Y if you want support for Logitech Unifying receivers and devices.
54 Unifying receivers are capable of pairing up to 6 Logitech compliant
55 devices to the same receiver. Without this driver it will be handled by
56 generic USB_HID driver and all incoming events will be multiplexed
57 into a single mouse and a single keyboard device.
58
59 Symbol: HID_LOGITECH_DJ [=n]
60 Type : tristate
61 Prompt: Logitech Unifying receivers full support
62 Location:
63 -> Device Drivers
64 -> HID support
65 -> HID bus support (HID [=y])
66 -> Special HID drivers
67 -> Logitech devices (HID_LOGITECH [=n])
68 Defined at drivers/hid/Kconfig:533
69 Depends on: INPUT [=y] && HID [=y] && USB_HID [=y] && HIDRAW [=y] &&
70 HID_LOGITECH [=n]
71 Selects: HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP [=n]
72 -------------------
73 Logitech HID++ devices support (HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP)
74
75 CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP:
76
77 Support for Logitech devices relyingon the HID++ Logitech specification
78
79 Say Y if you want support for Logitech devices relying on the HID++
80 specification. Such devices are the various Logitech Touchpads (T650,
81 T651, TK820), some mice (Zone Touch mouse), or even keyboards (Solar
82 Keyboard).
83
84 Symbol: HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP [=n]
85 Type : tristate
86 Prompt: Logitech HID++ devices support
87 Location:
88 -> Device Drivers
89 -> HID support
90 -> HID bus support (HID [=y])
91 -> Special HID drivers
92 -> Logitech devices (HID_LOGITECH [=n])
93 Defined at drivers/hid/Kconfig:546
94 Depends on: INPUT [=y] && HID [=y] && HID_LOGITECH [=n]
95 Selects: POWER_SUPPLY [=y]
96 Selected by [n]:
97 - HID_LOGITECH_DJ [=n] && INPUT [=y] && HID [=y] && USB_HID [=y] &&
98 HIDRAW [=y] && HID_LOGITECH [=n]
99 -------------------
100 Logitech force feedback support (LOGITECH_FF)
101
102 CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF:
103
104 Say Y here if you have one of these devices:
105 - Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad
106 - Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad 2
107 - Logitech WingMan Force 3D
108
109 and if you want to enable force feedback for them.
110 Note: if you say N here, this device will still be supported, but
111 without
112 force feedback.
113
114 Symbol: LOGITECH_FF [=n]
115 Type : bool
116 Prompt: Logitech force feedback support
117 Location:
118 -> Device Drivers
119 -> HID support
120 -> HID bus support (HID [=y])
121 -> Special HID drivers
122 -> Logitech devices (HID_LOGITECH [=n])
123 Defined at drivers/hid/Kconfig:558
124 Depends on: INPUT [=y] && HID [=y] && HID_LOGITECH [=n]
125 Selects: INPUT_FF_MEMLESS [=y]