From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Trouble on the horizon!
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:39:14
1 On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 24/09/2018 13:11, R0b0t1 wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>> To me it looks like youtubers and some sites trying to make money through
9 >>> clickbait?
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> If you had not heard of it elsewhere the Linux code of conduct was
13 >> amended. It makes the CoC similar to those of other projects where
14 >> there are a number of (usually nontechnical) contributors who identify
15 >> as a champion of social justice.
16 >> [...]
17 >
18 > Well, if kernel developers are fine with that, then I don't see how that's
19 > relevant to anyone who isn't a kernel dev. If they want to adopt social
20 > justice politics, that's really their prerogative.
24 I suspect why he posted it is at least a few developers do not want
25 this to happen. Other large projects have had similar turmoil, but
26 there is usually no remedy if you disagree.
27
28 E.g. Django(?) had a large patch committed that changed the names of
29 master/slave to something else as the terms were considered abusive by
30 what looks to be a minority.