From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] has the sun set ?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 04:06:54
1 Using Kde-Sunset, I have 3 useful apps available in forms
2 which aren't provided by KDE 4 (Kworldclock Ksokoban Kmahjongg).
3
4 Yesterday, while doing my weekly system update, I encountered a msg :
5
6 !!! The following installed packages are masked:
7 - media-libs/lcms-1.19-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
8 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
9 # Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> (27 May 2015)
10 # on behalf of Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
11 # media-libs/lcms:0 has serious security issues and is unmaintained,
12 # see bug 526642. Please uninstall it and/or upgrade to media-libs/lcms:2
13
14 I looked at the bug, which explains the reason for dropping Lcms:0 .
15
16 Unfortunately, Kde-Sunset appears to require Lcms:0 for Libmng:0 ,
17 which is required by Qt-Meta:3 & which aren't included in Kde-Sunset itself.
18 For now, I can simply ignore the warning, but it looks
19 as if it wb no longer possible to install Kde-Sunset on a new machine.
20
21 I realise Gentoo itself doesn't provide support for Kde-Sunset,
22 but does anyone know of a way round this obstacle or have other advice ?
26 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
27 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
28 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca