From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Palemoon again - again
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:04:54
1 On 2017-04-17 13:05, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > * set "layers.acceleration.force-enabled" to true in "about:config"
4 > * export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1
5 >
6 > MOZ_USE_OMTC has to be set before launching Pale Moon
7
8 While this may (or may not) make rendering faster, I found it has some
9 undesirable side effects.
10
11 Cosmetic: after I turn on the bookmark sidebar with ^B for the first
12 time after starting the browser, and hit space-bar to select the first
13 entry, the entry text vanishes; all I see is a solid rectangle of the
14 background color. This fixes itself when I move the selection.
15
16 (To be fair, this *may* be a GPU driver problem).
17
18 Serious - for me at least: input focus, already a huge problem area for
19 browsers, gets even more unpredictable, and even harder to use for
20 navigation. I am used to navigating through pages by searching for text
21 (with the slash, single-quote, ^F or ^G) and then hitting Tab to set
22 focus to the link nearest the found text. For example, after doing a
23 search on duckduckgo.com/lite, I go to the first result with the
24 following key sequence: "/1. <tab><enter>"
25
26 This stops working with the above configuration changes. Instead, the
27 focus seems to be glued to the top of the page, so the Tab always gives
28 focus to the text input field within the page.
31 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
32 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
33 Don't clear-text sign:
34 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html