From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:55:39
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi again,
4 >>
5 >> Same topic, same thread. Cool huh?
6 >
7 > [snip]
8 >
9 >> Anybody know of any problems with these folks? Somebody see something I
10 >> missed? Oh, $9.95 is a lot better than $22.95. I noticed that right
11 >> away.
12 >
13 > Are they monthly charges? Wow, that's about $150 per year. With
14 > those savings you could afford a domain and someone to host it! If
15 > you don't want a full blown web host, many places will just store your
16 > email and manage the dns for you. Then you could have
17 > dale@×××××××××××××××××××.com as your email address!
21 I have thought of having my own site and stuff but being on dial-up just
22 takes ALL the fun out of it. The dial-up out here sucks even on dial-up
23 standards. I get 24Kb which is about 3KBs/sec.
24
25 I plan to go talk to the cable company in a local town to see if they
26 have any interest in putting cable out here. That would be so cool. I
27 could get Vonage then and save another $500 or $600 a year.
28
29 I'm also going to check on Net Zero in a little bit.
30
31 Ideas welcome.
32
33 Dale