From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Online hosting recommendation - VMs?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 23:52:38
1 On 2017-08-17 23:05, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > You mentioned the AWS free tier - if I use one of those, can I be sure
4 > that it won't exceed the usage limits without billing me?
5 >
6 > Linode were mentioned by a couple of people in the previous thread,
7 > too. They seem like the logical choice, but if I can use AWS for free,
8 > that would be better. ;)
9
10 I am one of the happy linode users.
11
12 My problem with AWS is that you need to have an Amazon account (even for the
13 free tier AFAIK), with all the misfeatures that come with that (such as
14 keeping a credit card on file with them).
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.