From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 14:51:49
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-07-01, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >> I emailed this list quite a while ago about not getting emails
6 >> from the list or any other Gentoo list. I wrote the very VERY
7 >> slow to respond AT&T crew about unblocking the emails. This
8 >> was on about May 16 or so. Well, a little while ago I got my
9 >> first set of emails. Whoooooooo Ooooooooooo. I have so
10 >> missed getting my emails and keeping up with where Gentoo is
11 >> going and what issues have cropped up with updates.
14 > I've one word of advice for you: gmane
15 >
16 > http://gmane.org/about.php
17 >
18 > IMO, gmane is really the only civilized way to read mailing
19 > lists. Pointing a good newsreader (I like slrn) at
20 > news.gmane.org allows one to follow mailing lists with far less
21 > effort/hassle -- and you never have to worry about mailboxes
22 > filling up.
23 >
24 > You also ought to switch to an ISP that doesn't suck, but
25 > that's a different issue. ;)
29 Well, since I am on dial-up, I prefer to read most of my stuff offline.
30 It's easier for me at least. I did try to mess with gmane but never
31 could figure out how to make it work. Sort of gave up on it.
32
33 Right now, I'm planning to switch ISPs if DSL doesn't come soon. I'm
34 paying ~$24.00 for dial-up but DSL would be only ~$20.00 and DSL is
35 faster. Go figure out how backward that is. I mentioned that to the
36 FCC too.
37
38 Dale
39