From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg.conf [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:27:46
1 Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 >> Glad that worked for you, but please now remember to add nvidia-kernel
3 >> and nvidia-glx to /etc/portage/package.keywords as allowed to be ~x86,
4 >> or else Portage will try to downgrade them the next time you do an
5 >> emerge world-- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS on an emerge command line is only
6 >> *temporary for that emerge*, and *is not remembered permanently by Portage*.
7 >>
8 > I don't know if it's a good idea, in this case. After all, the current
9 > masked version will be unmasked one day, and I may not need always the
10 > bleeding-edge version (I'd rather use stable things, if they do the
11 > job). But I always issue emerge -pv before emerging anything, so a
12 > possible downgrade would be detected in advance.
13
14 Won't happen if you unmask only the specific version you are using:
15
16 # echo "=media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.7174 ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
17
18 Christoph
19 --
20 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3