From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg.conf [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:52:39
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > Jorge Almeida schreef:
4 > > It seems it's a known bug. I emerged nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx
5 > > with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" and it works now.
8 > Glad that worked for you, but please now remember to add nvidia-kernel
9 > and nvidia-glx to /etc/portage/package.keywords as allowed to be ~x86,
10 > or else Portage will try to downgrade them the next time you do an
11 > emerge world-- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS on an emerge command line is only
12 > *temporary for that emerge*, and *is not remembered permanently by Portage*.
13 >
14 I don't know if it's a good idea, in this case. After all, the current
15 masked version will be unmasked one day, and I may not need always the
16 bleeding-edge version (I'd rather use stable things, if they do the
17 job). But I always issue emerge -pv before emerging anything, so a
18 possible downgrade would be detected in advance.
19
20 Jorge
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list