From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg.conf [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:52:42
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:48:27 +0100 (WEST), Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > > Glad that worked for you, but please now remember to add nvidia-kernel
4 > > and nvidia-glx to /etc/portage/package.keywords as allowed to be ~x86,
5 > > or else Portage will try to downgrade them the next time you do an
6 > > emerge world-- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS on an emerge command line is only
7 > > *temporary for that emerge*, and *is not remembered permanently by
8 > > Portage*.
9 > >
10 > I don't know if it's a good idea, in this case. After all, the current
11 > masked version will be unmasked one day, and I may not need always the
12 > bleeding-edge version (I'd rather use stable things, if they do the
13 > job).
14
15 In this case, ~arch is not bleeding edge. The ebuild of the latest release
16 version of the nVidia drivers is usually ~arch, even though the drivers
17 themselves are tested.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 LISP: Lots of Infuriating & Silly Parentheses