From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Several questions -- various topics
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:45:16
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
3 > Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:43 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several questions -- various topics
6 >
7 > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:09:55 -0500, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
8 >
9 > > or sudo (which does not work for wifi-radar). I have tried a sudo
10 > > command for a switch on the modubar and it seemed to fight
11 > back, but
12 > > its possible that I didn't get it set up right. Any suggestions or
13 > > pointers would be very helpful.
14 >
15 > Without knowing what you tried, or how it "fought back" it's
16 > difficult to guess at what might be wrong.
19 > --
20 > Neil Bothwick
21 >
22 > Employ teenagers - while they know everything.
26 Hi Neil:
27
28 Turns out that gksu has resolved all but one of the problems, and that
29 one is with the shutdown command.
30
31 If I run gksu shutdown -h now, gksu interperates the -h as a command to
32 it, instead of connecting it to the shutdown command. The result is
33 either the help information being displayed, or an error of an
34 unrecognized command and the help output.
35
36 This one is not as big an issue as I can exit fluxbox neatly and
37 shutdown from gdm.
38
39 Thanks a TON
42 Timothy A. Holmes
43 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher / Science
44 Teacher
45
46 Medina Christian Academy
47 A Higher Standard...