From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: encoding MP3 files for iPod
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:58:57
1 On Sunday 08 October 2006 12:34, darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] OT: encoding MP3 files for iPod':
3 > quoth the Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
4 > > I've fairly sure metadata can
5 > > be stored either at the beginning or end of the file (I know FLAC can
6 > > do this).
7 > As for Flac, this is not true.
8
9 My mistake; the specification is quite clear that metadata can only appear
10 before audio data. I must have been thinking of Ogg/FLAC or something
11 else.
14 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
15 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
16 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
17 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh