From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:51:59
1 On 2013-04-15 11:42 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > ^^ That screams 'CFLAGS' issue. Verify that the CFLAGS for your prod
3 > server are the same (or close enough) to that of your dev server.
4
5 Hmmm, they are different...
6
7 Dev (working) server has:
8
9 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
10
11 Prod server has:
12
13 CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
14
15 But the Dev server is currently running a 64bit kernel...
16
17 I'm confused about how this works in a hosted virtual environment.
18
19 My Dev server failed to come up after the migration, until their tech
20 support suggested switching to the 64bit kernel... did that and it is
21 fine now (or appears to be)...
22
23 But the Prod server is still on the 32bit kernel...
24
25 Should I switch it to 64bit and change the CFLAGS to the same as the dev
26 server?