From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:42:46
1 On 04/15/2013 11:37 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Help!!!!! :(
5
6 [snip]
9 > I've tried recompiling both (both compile/install ok), but when I try to
10 > start SSHD I get:
11 >
12 > # /etc/init.d/sshd start
13 > /etc/init.d/sshd: line 18: 2079 Illegal instruction "${SSHD_BINARY}" -t
14 > ${SSHD_OPTS}
15 > * ERROR: sshd failed to start
16
17 ^^ That screams 'CFLAGS' issue. Verify that the CFLAGS for your prod
18 server are the same (or close enough) to that of your dev server.
19
20 Guessing the new host has different CPU capabilities exposed to the
21 guest, either because of a differing hypervisor configuraiton, or
22 because of the different underlying hardware.