From: Pierre-Yves Rofes <gentoo@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fvwm: how to begin?
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:51:37
1 On Thu, January 4, 2007 10:54 pm, Rakotomandimby \(R12y\) Mihamina wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I would like to begin configuring fvwm.
4 > I use -crystal theme, but my query would be general:
5 > Where should I start configuring my new fvwm system?
6 >
7 > I installed fvwm (2.5.18-r1) + fvwm-crystal (3.0.4) on Gentoo.
8 >
9 > I want to have something close to this:
10 > http://www.fvwm.org/screenshots/desktops/Nuno_Alexandre-1600x1200/screenshot.jpg
11 >
12 > What I really want is:
13 > - Transparent/Translucent Windows thumbnails and have them on the right
14 > or left side of the screen
15 > - Transparent/Translucent Menu
16 > - Changing the default fvwm-crystal menu
17 >
18 > So:
19 > - where to begin (What file to edit or create if non existent)?
20 > - what parameter-value to provide?
21
22 Hi,
23
24 I think starting a new configuration from scratch is a really bad idea.
25 It's boring and it will require hours to have something decent.
26 You'd better to get a working config close from what you want, and then
27 edit it to suit your personal needs and tastes.
28
29 My FVWM configuration is available at:
30 http://py1378.free.fr/pub/fvwm-conf-04-01-2007.tgz
31
32 It looks like this:
33 http://www.lynucs.org/index.php?screen_type=1&screen_id=213649944543f2f9def2cdf&m=screen
34
35 Most of the parameters used in FVWM are pretty self-explanatory,
36 For example, to change the thumbnails position, you'll have to modify the
37 IconBox style in the "Thumbnails" section.
38
39 HTH,
42 Pierre-Yves Rofes
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list