From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia-drivers vs. nouveau
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 23:45:33
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 12/04/12 01:55, Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Somewhat related question. I use the Nvidia drivers here and have not
5 >> had any issues in a while. How does one use VESA if the Nvidia drivers
6 >> fail? One used to change it in xorg.conf but most don't have a
7 >> xorg.conf any more.
8 >
9 > You have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory though. You can put
10 > snippets in it with the *.conf extension and X.Org will read it when it
11 > starts. For my GPU setting for example, I use
12 > /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/gpu.conf. It has a "Device" section in with:
13 >
14 > Driver "nvidia"
15 >
16 > This can be changed to "vesa" at any time.
22 So basically it is done the same way. If you don't have a *.conf file,
23 just create one and chose vesa. I was thinking this had changed and I
24 missed it. I guess I haven't missed anything. Weird. lol
25
26 Thanks.
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
34 how you interpreted my words!
35
36 Miss the compile output? Hint:
37 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"