From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev read,write problem
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:43:21
1 On 8/26/05, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 05:06:13PM +0200, Jonas Geiregat wrote
4 > > When I startup my system I need to loing as root and run chmod a+rw
5 > > /dev/* else I have problems login in or starting multiple shells I'm
6 > > using udev anyone got any idea what could cause the problem ?
9 Purely a guess here but have you tried poking around in /etc/udev? I run PAM
10 and UDEV with 0 problems perhaps you have a funky udev setting? Anhow, like
11 I said, just a guess.
12
13 -Mike
17 Michael E. Crute
18 Software Developer
19 SoftGroup Development Corporation
20
21 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
22 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"