From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache server setup
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:50:44
1 On Monday 11 June 2012 18:33:06 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 (Apologies for lateness.)
4
5 ...>8
6
7 > First of all, I see you have the mime module compiled; that's good.
8 > Is it enabled? You should have,
9 >
10 > LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
11 >
12 > in httpd.conf.
13
14 Yes, that's ok.
15
16 > Then, you should add or uncomment the following in 00_mod_mime.conf:
17 >
18 > # Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the
19 > # client
20 > #
21 > # To parse .shtml files for server-side includes(SSI):
22 > # (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options"
23 > # directive.)
24 > AddType text/html .shtml
25 > AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
26
27 Those lines are now uncommented. No other changes to that file.
28
29 > That will enable server-side includes in *.shtml files, assuming you
30 > also add "Includes" to the relevant "Options" directive.
31
32 # cat modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
33 ...>8
34 # Added by PRH:
35 AddType text/html .shtml
36 AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
37 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs>
38 Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Includes +IncludesNoExec
39 </Directory>
40
41 Now, after restarting Apache its error_log shows the restart, doesn't
42 report any errors. On refreshing the page display on the client, I get
43 this:
44
45 [Sun Jun 24 18:38:29 2012] [warn] [client 192.168.2.6] mod_include:
46 Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed
47
48 I've tried removing either +Includes or +IncludesNoExec from Options and
49 restarting Apache but the error_log entry still appears, and of course
50 the included file isn't (included).
51
52 So I still have something wrong. All files under /etc/apache2 are
53 root:root 644 and the directories are root:root 755.
54
55 > If you need server-side includes for other types of files, it isn't
56 > recommended[1], but you can add additional "AddOutputFilter"
57 > directives for each type of file you'd like SSI to work with.
58
59 No, I haven't done that.
60
61 > [1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html
62
63 That is indeed my working guide. Many thanks for your help so far.
66 Rgds
67 Peter