From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache server setup
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:36:09
1 On 06/11/12 12:54, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > OK, I've added that to 00_default_settings.conf. I'm not sure whether I
3 > need rewrites though.
6 Your htaccess had some rewrite rules, that's why I suggested it.
9 > The fog is beginning to clear. Thanks.
10 >
11 > I still can't get server-side includes to work though. Modules.d/*.conf
12 > don't include a suitable module. I've added "-D INCLUDE" to APACHE2_OPTS
13 > in /etc/conf.d/apache2.conf but it seems not to be enough.
14
15 We have this working here.. let's see.
16
17 First of all, I see you have the mime module compiled; that's good. Is
18 it enabled? You should have,
19
20 LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
21
22 in httpd.conf.
23
24 Once the mime module is enabled, everything in
25 modules.d/00_mod_mime.conf will be processed (it's conditional on the
26 existence of the mime module).
27
28 Then, you should add or uncomment the following in 00_mod_mime.conf:
29
30 # Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the
31 # client
32 #
33 # To parse .shtml files for server-side includes(SSI):
34 # (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options"
35 # directive.)
36 AddType text/html .shtml
37 AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
38
39 That will enable server-side includes in *.shtml files, assuming you
40 also add "Includes" to the relevant "Options" directive.
41
42 If you need server-side includes for other types of files, it isn't
43 recommended[1], but you can add additional "AddOutputFilter" directives
44 for each type of file you'd like SSI to work with.
48 [1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html