From: Roman Naumann <roman_naumann@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE takes ages to show password screen after suspend
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:34:57
1 On Friday 07 May 2010 20:26:46 András Csányi wrote:
2 > On 7 May 2010 19:33, Roman Naumann <roman_naumann@××××××××.fm> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > when I suspend my computer, KDE locks the session. This usually happens,
6 > > when I close my laptop lid.
7 > >
8 > > When I open it again, it takes 1 to 20 seconds (seamingly random) untill
9 > > the login screen appears. During this time, I just see a black screen
10 > > and a mouse pointer (somewhere), but I cannot move it.
11 >
12 > Suspend is that when the computer isn't off just the things stays in
13 > memory, isn't? When the contents of the memory is writed to the disk
14 > and the machine is get off that is the hibernate function, isn't?
15 >
16 > It is possible that when you close the lid the contents of memory
17 > writed to the disk and reading this few hundred Mbyte - on my laptop
18 > KDE is eating ~800 Mbyte memory, the hungry Beast! :) - takes that
19 > long time what you mentioned?
20 > I'm not a big hacker just I'm thinking over it. :$
21
22 Hmm, I guess I should have specified what kind of 'suspend' I meant: Suspend to
23 ram. Not suspend to disk!
24
25 When I close the laptop lid, kde does NOTHING but lock the screen. I disabled
26 all other power management actions in kde's systemsettings.
27 The suspend is done by a script independend of kde, and that's working just
28 fine. It's only kde taking that long..
29
30 Even if kde ignored my settings and writes and reads stuff from disk when I
31 close/open the laptop lid: A second after I close the lid, the LED on the
32 laptop begins to blink, saying that the computer is suspended to ram.
33 Kde could never write the whole ram to disk in that second.
34
35 Any more ideas?
36
37 Regards,