From: "Friedrich Göpel" <shado23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 Stability?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:45:40
1 On 9/6/06, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I am wondering if I should run x86 an an athlon 64. I am upgrading my win box
4 > to athlon x2 4600 and I'll use the old athlon 64 for gentoo.
5 > Does using x86 make the 64 athlon act as 2 processors (what config is needed)
6 > If it will act like 2 processors is that faster or slower than using the 64
7 > setup?
8
9 Running 64 or 32 bit kernel and/or userland has absolutely nothing to
10 do with enabling smp support in the kernel, which seems to be what you
11 meant.
14 Cheers,
15
16 Friedrich Göpel