From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mutt database option
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 13:35:49
1 Hi Mick,
2
3 On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 11:21:23 +0100
4 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >So far I had been using gdbm, but I now see that emerge also added lmdb.
6
7 Same here, so I gave lmdb a try as hcache backend.
8
9 >Which one is best to use? What have you chosen?
10
11 I assume you mean for speed? I don’t know and it may become very
12 academic to answer this. But you can find some none Mutt-specific
13 benchmark results on NeoMutt’s website [1].
14
15 Note, the mentioned benchmark page say:
16
17 “[…] you’ll need a reasonable large number of
18 messages – >50k – to see anything interesting”
19
20 Using lmdb as backend, I do not realise any differences over gdbm within
21 Mutt respectively NeoMutt and I doubt one really can (without measuring
22 it exactly – which I haven’t done yet).
25 References:
26 [1] <https://www.neomutt.org/contrib/hcache-bench>
30 Regards,
31 floyd