From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HIJACKING THREADS
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:07:13
1 On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 21:11 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:26:29 +0100, Stroller wrote:
3 >
4 > > > I guess most of us choose the reply-button, cause it' easier than
5 > > > having to look-up the email address.
6 > >
7 > > My email client allows me to right-click on a recipient of an
8 > > existing message and choose "new message", creating an empty message
9 > > that does not hijack the thread.
10 >
11 > Claws Mail also allows you to reply in the hijacky way, then select
12 > "Remove references" from the Compose window's menu, turning it into a new
13 > mail.
14 >
15 > Actually, the name of the Reply button is a dead giveaway, using it for
16 > anything other than a reply is clearly abuse of its function :)
17
18 And for a third way, I've done a comparison between reply-to, and new:
19
20 1. find email from list
21 2. click reply button
22 3. delete text
23 4. change subject
24 5. write email
25 6. send
26
27 or
28
29 1. find email from list
30 2. click email address in "to" field (new email to that recipient is
31 created)
32 3. write subject
33 4. write email
34 5. send
35
36 woohoo! one step shorter and closer to:
37
38 6. ???
39 7. Profit!
43 "Life is a garment we continuously alter, but which never seems to fit."
44 -- David McCord
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list