From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Pinging two devices on the same IP address
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:38:42
1 On 23 Oct 2007, at 22:27, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I really don't get how you forward something to an Access Point, isn't
4 > this device like a "dumb hub" on your wireless network? Mine doesn't
5 > have an IP, nor MAC or anything that could identify it on the network.
6
7 You're making assumptions that all APs are like your own.
8
9 Your AP would appear to be operating as a transparent network bridge,
10 but others operate as NAT routers. And a device operating as a "dumb"
11 bridge can still have MAC & IP addresses assigned to it, should the
12 manufacturer wish. I'm actually a little surprised to hear that yours
13 doesn't - how does one change the SSID & wireless encryption key, if
14 the AP has no IP address to connect to?
15
16 Stroller.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list