From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:59:32
1 On 31 December 2006 20:57, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 06:20:23PM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > > The second is nearly photo-realistic games.
4 > >
5 > > Of course. That is I think one area where a thin client will not be able
6 > > to compete with a modern desktop PC. I don't play games and haven't seen
7 > > what sort of latency a game played through FreeNX can achieve. On the
8 > > other hand future gaming may be left to games consoles?
9 >
10 > Then I hope it will be possible to have my _private_ correspondence on
11 > a game console. I dread the times when I will have my pgp key stored
12 > somewhere on the internet.
13 >
14 > Another aspect is, I want to be the administrator of my computer -
15 > because I have the power to do whatever I like ;-)
16
17 We aren't talking about *you* or *me*. We are talking about future trends.
18 These involve a helluva more people than yourself. ;-)
19
20 Uwe
23 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
24 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list