From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:44:59
1 On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:54:14 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the first VC then press Alt-SysRq S. It
4 > > should report "Emergency sync".
5 >
6 > None of these maneuvers have any effect whatever. Except getting to
7 > the first console. Least that I can see.
8
9 Do you have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ enabled in your kernel?
10
11 > BTW, when I try getting back to the X console, it's blank. Is this an
12 > Xfce4 thing? I remember sysrescuecd which also uses Xfce4 had the same
13 > bug/feature. I have to ctrl-c on the first console to get back to the
14 > prompt so I can restart X.
15
16 Ctrl-C, my console isn't even logged in. so Ctrl-C won't do anything.
17 Alt-F7 takes me back to KDE.
18
19 > FWIW Prt Sc and Sys Rq are separate keys on this unit. They share
20 > space with Ins and Del, respectively. Prt Sc and Sys Rq are printed in
21 > blue and, I assume. are part of the 'fn' system.
22
23 Yes, and both work s magic SysRq keys on my Eee.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Gravity isn't easy, but it's the law.