From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:50:36
1 > Do you have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ enabled in your kernel?
2
3 yes
7 >> BTW, when I try getting back to the X console, it's blank. Is this an
8 > > Xfce4 thing? I remember sysrescuecd which also uses Xfce4 had the same
9 >> bug/feature. I have to ctrl-c on the first console to get back to the
10 >> prompt so I can restart X.
11 >
12 > Ctrl-C, my console isn't even logged in. so Ctrl-C won't do anything.
13
14 Don't understand "isn't even logged in"
15
16 > Alt-F7 takes me back to KDE.
17
18 Takes me to a completely blank(black) console, no cursor, no login, zip
21 >> FWIW Prt Sc and Sys Rq are separate keys on this unit. They share
22 >> space with Ins and Del, respectively. Prt Sc and Sys Rq are printed in
23 >> blue and, I assume. are part of the 'fn' system.
24 >
25 > Yes, and both work s magic SysRq keys on my Eee.
28 When you do # tail -f /var/log/messages do you see some sort of report
29 when you push SysRq.
30
31 mw