From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:08:27
1 On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that have
5 > done theirs?  Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there issues?  I'm
6 > mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I have.  Just a simple
7 > works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.  List issues if you had any.
8 >
9 > Thanks for the feedback.
10 >
11 > Dale
12 >
14
15 Hi Dale,
16 I've now done 5 stable machines - 4 hardware and 1 VM. I haven't
17 had any significant problems on any of them. The update takes well
18 less that 30 minutes and, for me anyway, has been relatively pain free
19 compared to other historic Gentoo upgrades.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Mark